Welcome to the Forum

Leave your paw prints where I can see them

1. I am doing the cambridge latin course at my school!

(Posted on 2013-10-20 18:54:00 by )
  2. could i join yours please cause i dont now any one who wants to join mine so could i join the felines with you an d learn paski

(Posted on 2012-10-17 10:12:00 by )
  3. do any of you have you on paski club cause mabye i could join in to i you do can you do any of the catras in the book

(Posted on 2012-10-17 10:08:00 by )
  4. Yes, not all schools do Latin, it's quite rare I think. Some people think it's 'elitist' for some reason, though I don't know why. Also people think it isn't practically useful as no-one speaks it anymore. But some things are worth studying for their own sake - they don't have to be 'for' anything. Some of the greatest writers in history wrote in Latin, and it's wonderful to be able to read them in the original form. I can't anymore, I've forgotten too much, but I remember snippets.

(Posted on 2012-04-30 07:44:00 by )
  5. At school we were doing a project on Pompeii. Latin is really interesting. But I think you can only do it at some schools.

(Posted on 2012-04-29 10:12:00 by )
  6. So, can you still take Latin as one of your A-levels or not? I looked it up on the internet it said that some schools won't allow you to.

(Posted on 2012-04-27 18:17:00 by )
  7. My mum remembers that family... And I remember that Doctor Who episode... I took Spanish, so we had the option of doing Latin, like my brother did, but I decided not to.

(Posted on 2012-04-27 17:16:00 by )
  8. Funny - I learned Latin at school through the Cambridge Latin Course, which in the first year covers the soap-opera story of a family in Pompeii, the house of Lucius Caecilius Iucundus (who was a real person). At the end of the book series, of course, Vesuvius erupts and nearly the whole family dies. But there was a great Doctor Who episode in which the Doctor and Donna go to Pompeii and meet that very family, and end up saving their lives. I loved that - it showed that the scriptwriter had learned Latin from the same books that I had, and put the characters in his story.
    Nick.

(Posted on 2012-04-27 12:21:00 by )
  9. Me too.

(Posted on 2012-04-27 07:36:00 by )
  10. Latin sounds right up my street. I will definitley be doing it as one of my A-levels.

(Posted on 2012-04-26 18:19:00 by )
  11. I'm sure my cats think the bedrooms belong to them, yes. But in theory they belong to me and my wife, and my two sons. But as the cats seem to sleep in them for far more hours than we do, I'm sure they would argue the point if they could talk.
    -
    As for Latin, I did that at A-Level. Great fun, I much preferred it to other languages. In French you get to say things like, 'Where is the petrol station please?' In Latin you read about battles, assassinations, myths, legends and volcanic eruptions.

(Posted on 2012-04-26 08:36:00 by )
  12. There are two cat's on my street, one called Hannah and one called Whisky Marmalade Stephen Junior, but we just call him Whisky. Whenever it's sunny, they always come into my garden to sleep in the sun. They really hate the rain as well. Most cat's probably do!

(Posted on 2012-04-25 15:47:00 by )
  13. Hi Nick,

Your really good at latin and also it is very cute that your cats have there own bed rooms. Do you mean there own or yours? ( my cat just sleeps on my head owwww)

(Posted on 2012-04-25 10:56:00 by )
  14. 'Semper' means forever. Maybe Sophie was thinking of 'in saecula saeculorum' which also means forever, literally 'to the ages of ages'.
    -
    It is raining buckets here. Both my cats are curled up moodily in the bedrooms upstairs. They seem to blame me for the rain.
    Nick.

(Posted on 2012-04-25 09:56:00 by )
  15. It was my friend Sophie who told me about that latin word. She's really good at languages, so I'm surprised that she got it wrong.
    -
    I'm going to the library at the weekend so I'll be able to read the Cat Kin and Cats Paw again. I can't wait until I can finally read all three books in August!

(Posted on 2012-04-24 18:12:00 by )
  16. Actually, forum just means forum in Latin! It's a Latin word. The forum being the marketplace / meeting place of the town.
    -
    When I get a moment I might update the forum's format to allow discussion threads, to make it easier to follow conversations.

(Posted on 2012-04-23 12:56:00 by )
  17. Yeah, I noticed that as well. Doesn't Forum mean Forever in latin?

(Posted on 2012-04-23 11:54:00 by )
  18. And you've put "Welcome to the Forum" instead of "People have been here" as well.

(Posted on 2012-04-23 09:15:00 by )
  19. Hi! Yes, the sharp-eyed will have noticed that the Guestbook has changed to the Forum. I decided this was a better name for it as it wasn't really a Guestbook, it has for some time been a discussion board. Nothing else about it has changed, though.
    -
    Welcome to Lauren, by the way. Always good to see a new visitor!
    Nick.

(Posted on 2012-04-23 07:30:00 by )
  20. @Lauren
    Why don't you create your own group?

(Posted on 2012-04-22 17:59:00 by )
  21. Why has the Guestbook changed to the Forum?

(Posted on 2012-04-22 17:52:00 by )
  22. So the five-to-one-second thing doesn't always happen when you fall out of a tree then? I suppose if you don't always land on your feet it shows we're doing it properly! (Hopefully!)

(Posted on 2012-04-22 15:13:00 by )
  23. I haven't done any pashki for a while because I was getting on someone's nerves and when I did some today, I ended up bruising every single bit of me when I fell out of a tree. It hurt a lot, but I'm all right now! ;-)

(Posted on 2012-04-22 14:39:00 by )
  24. @lauren
    Our pashki group (mine, rosalyn's, bethany's and robyn's) is called Feline. You could invent a name like that if you wanted to-something to do with cats-or it could be the first letters of the names of the members. They're just some ideas but you could do anything you want!

(Posted on 2012-04-22 13:18:00 by )
  25. @lauren middlecoat
    All the pashki tutors in the U.k. have vanished, so there is no-one that will teach you. But, some of us who want to learn pashki have started pashki groups of our own, learning moves from the books and looking on the internet. If you have some friends who want to learn pashki as well, you could all start a pashki group as well.

(Posted on 2012-04-21 16:52:00 by )
  26. hi can you tell me where to find someone who can teach me it. i live in dilham is there anyone there who can teach me paski

(Posted on 2012-04-20 10:22:00 by )
  27. I'd love a bookshop that big all to myself! I don't think I'll be able to read all the books though even if i read 24/7. I can't wait until cat's cradle comes out!

(Posted on 2012-04-19 09:35:00 by )
  28. Ah, now I understand...
    Be prepared for any given bookshop NOT to have them in stock. But any bookshop SHOULD order them for you if you ask at the till. A lot of people see no Cat Kins on the shelves and give up. But if every published book in Britain were on the shelves, you'd need a bookshop the size of the O2.
    -
    So, order at a till or get a tame adult to buy them online.

(Posted on 2012-04-19 08:47:00 by )
  29. I think Bethany meant that if she has time after she has seen the orthodontist she will buy your books.

(Posted on 2012-04-19 07:33:00 by )
  30. I'm going to wait until Cat's Cradle comes out and then I'm going to buy all three Cat Kin books together. Hopefully I will be able to get my hands on all of them by August! :-)

(Posted on 2012-04-18 15:32:00 by )
  31. Nice one, Bethany. I don't pretend to understand the connection between orthodontists and my books, but both sound undoubtedly like good news! :-)
    Maybe they are stories you can really get your teeth into?

(Posted on 2012-04-18 13:49:00 by )
  32. Hi nick,
    I have amazing news i finally got an orthodontist and if I have time will finally buy your books yay to me!!

(Posted on 2012-04-18 09:23:00 by )
  33. I'll try and be patient as well, but it's going to be hard. I can't wait till August!!

(Posted on 2012-04-17 19:03:00 by )
  34. I do want to be a writer-so I'll try and be patient!

(Posted on 2012-04-16 17:29:00 by )
  35. @Susie - Yeah, me too! Constantly getting the wrong information is unfortunately very common in publishing. Never think of becoming a writer unless you can cope with endless frustration and disappointment! Ask any writer - we can wait six months for a reply that turns out to be 'Maybe'.
    -
    But I'm HOPING Cat's Cradle will be out in August. You can be sure that if it is delayed, then that delay is nothing to do with me! :-)
    Nick.

(Posted on 2012-04-16 14:42:00 by )
  36. I hope Rebecca does hurry up with the beads.
    -
    when does cat's cradle come out again? I've kind of forgotten.

(Posted on 2012-04-16 11:56:00 by )
  37. I hope Cat's Cradle is out this year, unlike with Cat's Paw when we kept getting the wrong date!

(Posted on 2012-04-16 11:44:00 by )
  38. @Emily -
    Any bookshop in Sweden should still be able to order the book in for you. Or you could get it from Amazon I'm sure. The fact is, not many UK bookshops stock my books either! They seem to be mostly in Scotland as the publisher is Scottish. Generally speaking, people need to order them specially.
    Nick.

(Posted on 2012-04-16 08:23:00 by )
  39. I'm annoyed because I won't be able to get cat's cradle when it comes out. In Sweden they don't have many english books.

(Posted on 2012-04-15 14:55:00 by )
  40. Thats good that shes still planning to do them. I'll probably order the full set too.

(Posted on 2012-04-15 14:52:00 by )
  41. @Susie -
    Well, how extraordinary! Well done you for extracting that reply. I must say I didn't know anything about that. Rebecca is, shall we say, not the most communicative at times (while at other times being extremely communicative indeed).
    -
    Let us just hope that her perfectionist streak does not delay the beads indefinitely!
    Nick.

(Posted on 2012-04-13 08:04:00 by )
  42. I've had a reply from Rebecca! Here's the email she sent me:
    Hi Susie,
    Thank you so much for your messages!
    -
    Thanks for asking me for a full set of catra beads - that's great, and you're my first order for these, so thank you very much.
    -
    I'm afraid there's going to be a little bit of a wait - this design is, how shall I put this, 'under development' - in fact since Nick had the sample beads from me I've had to go back and refine the design. The new design has five catra 'eyes' per bead, not just the one - I'd been experiencing issues of balance and symmetry, and my only way of getting around these issues is to make the eyes go all the way round.
    -
    Leave it with me, and I'll get back to you? You're top of my list, I assure you!
    -
    All the very best,
    Rebecca

(Posted on 2012-04-12 10:27:00 by )
  43. Hi -
    I am sure that Rebecca would make some catra beads if she had a straightforward order for some. I recommend emailing her and saying exactly this:
    -
    Dear Rebecca,
    I heard that you have made some beads based on the Cat Kin books by Nick Green. Can I order some please?
    Thank you!
    -
    (Or specify which catras in particular you want.)
    -
    If that doesn't work I don't know what will!
    Nick.

(Posted on 2012-04-09 15:11:00 by )
  44. @ Nick
    Is there anything that you could do to convince her to make some?

(Posted on 2012-04-08 19:29:00 by )
  45. @Nick
    Is it possible for anyone else to make the beads? I know they won't look the same, but maybe there will be someone who will keep making them so that we will be able to buy them.

(Posted on 2012-04-08 12:27:00 by )
  46. @Rosalyn
    My mum probably wouldn't think it's a good idea either, so I've only told my dad! :-)
    -
    We could maybe practice some Ten Hooks sparring on the floor with partners as well.

(Posted on 2012-04-08 10:17:00 by )
  47. @Susie
    Yes, that sounds like a good idea. Maybe we could do Ten Hooks when Feline meets on Thursday?
    -
    I'm sorry everyone but unfortunately I cannot email Rebbeca as my parents don't think it's a good idea to do so. I'm really annoyed about it but there is nothing I can do. :(

(Posted on 2012-04-07 15:03:00 by )
  48. I've just sent the email to Rebecca asking if she'll make the catra beads!

(Posted on 2012-04-07 14:57:00 by )
  49. We just arrived in singapore airport. The first thing I noticed was how many plants and trees it had. It's very green. A cat would love it here. There are trees growing out of the floor and large potplants and water fountains everywhere. Also please tell me if anyone has sucess in getting the beads because I really want them.

(Posted on 2012-04-07 12:43:00 by )
  50. You could do a bit of Ten Hooks from the ground on all fours.

(Posted on 2012-04-06 20:00:00 by )
  51. I been trying to improve my Pashki Sequence, but i can't think of anything else. (Not saying that it doesn't need work!!) Anyway, here it is:

My Invented Pashki Sequence-Midnight Prowl

1. Start in sitting cat pose on top of a raised platform.

2. Chasing The Bird (Mandira)

3. Pounce Drop from the Platform you are on, but before you leap away survey your surroundings.

4. If nothing poses a threat relax and flow from Arch On Guard into Hunter Stretch (Oshtis then Parda)

5. Rise slowly and Eth Walk the length of the room (Ptep)

6. (You can do this in pairs to give yourself a chance of Ten Hooks. Either bolt from Pounce Drop or meet your partner head on in a sparing contest of Ten Hooks). (All Catras).

Please tell me what you think and feel free to change it! I want to make it better and hopefully you will be able to come up with some ideas!

(Posted on 2012-04-06 18:34:00 by )
  52. Maybe Rebecca could just design a proto-type for the beads and let others make them to sell. That way she could move on to other designs quickly and not be bogged down by one type. She'll be happy because she can carry on doing what she enjoys and we'll be happy because we can get the beads.
    -
    I'll definitley try to contact her, but I'm not sure I'll be allowed. Hopefully she'll say yes because it was really dissappointing to miss out after all this time. Fingers crossed!!!

(Posted on 2012-04-06 18:29:00 by )
  53. I hope she says yes!

(Posted on 2012-04-06 08:24:00 by )
  54. Yes, fine. Though 'I don't share my email address with anyone' is an exaggeration! She sends out an e-newsletter to her many customers by email, so they all have her email address, for starters!
    -
    And you don't need a credit card just to ask if she wants to sell some catra beads. At this stage all you are after is a yes or no.
    Nick.

(Posted on 2012-04-05 13:47:00 by )
  55. @Nick
    I've just looked at the "Contact Me" page on Rebecca's website, and it says she doesn't share her email address with anyone, so maybe I'd better say I got her email address from you.

(Posted on 2012-04-05 09:31:00 by )
  56. Erm... That might be a bit awkward. I'd have to ask my dad because obviously I can't order them for myself because I don't have a credit card.

(Posted on 2012-04-05 09:24:00 by )
  57. If you really want the beads, then all I can suggest is that you email Rebecca direct on
    beads@rebeccaweddell.co.uk and ask nicely if you could order some of the beads based on Nick Green's book The Cat Kin. The direct approach might work.
    -
    Let me know how you get on! I think the idea of me being a 'middle man' has caused more problems than it has solved. She may be happier just selling beads direct to customers.
    Nick.

(Posted on 2012-04-05 08:57:00 by )
  58. It's disappointing that she isn't making the beads. I was really looking forward to them. Hopefully she does end up making them even if she only makes a few.

(Posted on 2012-04-04 07:09:00 by )
  59. "My theory is that she only really likes designing new beads, and isn't keen on making lots of the same kind."
    -
    But isn't that exactly what she already does? Rebecca probably makes lots of a particular type of bead, so she can sell them to people when they order them. Catra beads are a very original idea, and I'd think that only people who were interested in pashki and knew what the beads were would want to buy them, because there are lots of other brilliant beads on Rebecca's website. Anyway, it's only six beads.

(Posted on 2012-04-03 20:20:00 by )
  60. Maybe she just forgot. You could try telling her that you have fans who wanted them anyway. If you also try asking her again when she's not so busy with new orders, that might work too.
    -
    If Rebecca doesn't start making them again, could you put the pictures back on so we can look at them? The sample beads were really good.

(Posted on 2012-04-03 20:14:00 by )
  61. *sigh* I wish it were that simple. It's not that Rebecca has said that she won't do it. It's that she says she will, and then doesn't, and I've given up trying to understand why. My theory is that she only really likes designing new beads, and isn't keen on making lots of the same kind. But that's only a guess.
    -
    Don't you wish some people would just say 'No' in the first place, rather than stringing you along? No pun intended...

(Posted on 2012-04-03 15:54:00 by )
  62. I agree with Rosalyn. NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! And maybe if you tell Rebecca that you have a few fans who REALLY wanted the catra beads, she might consider making them.

(Posted on 2012-04-03 13:36:00 by )
  63. Oh no! I was really looking forward to being able to get the beads. Please try and persuade Rebbeca to start making them again Nick!
    -
    That pose sounds really good Emily. I love the name you came up with. It fitts perfectly.

(Posted on 2012-04-03 12:11:00 by )
  64. This will come as a big disappointment, but I don't think the beads are going to happen after all.
    -
    I can't really give you an explanation as to why not. I'm pretty baffled by it myself. All I can tell you is that the person who makes the beads was really, really enthusiastic to begin with, to the extent of making those sample beads. So it seemed like it was definitely going to happen. But as the weeks and months have gone by, she has seemed to go cold on the idea without giving me any good explanation. Which is annoying, as you can imagine.
    -
    I am sorry now that I got everyone excited about the catra beads, but I honestly believed that they would be available, and soon. I don't really understand why this has happened, I can only pass on the news. Very sorry about that.
    -
    Still, I am a writer, not a jeweller, and I at least am reliable! So you can still count on getting Cat's Cradle and the other books I'm writing now.
    Nick.

(Posted on 2012-04-03 10:04:00 by )
  65. Is there any news about the beads?

(Posted on 2012-04-03 08:51:00 by )
  66. Hey Emily.
    That sounds great, and the name goes perfectly with the pose.

(Posted on 2012-04-03 07:57:00 by )
  67. I made up a new pashki pose. Here's the method:
    1. Find a tree or a narrow hallway.
    2. Lean your back against the wall.
    3. Press your feet directly across from you on the other wall. (You have to press against both sides hard otherwise you will slip)
    4. Hold for 30 seconds or as long as you can.
    Also I was wondering what I should call it. Does 'Pose of Patience' sound ok? If anyone has any ideas please tell me.

(Posted on 2012-04-03 03:41:00 by )
  68. I suppose we all have different ways of doing the moves, imagining how they would look like from the names that Nick uses. I don't think that there is a right or a wrong way to do it, but you will sometimes find ways better than your own.
    -
    Robyn, are you still doing the T-shirts?

(Posted on 2012-04-02 11:21:00 by )
  69. @Emily and Nick
    I did kind of invent a move for Tailspin when I read it, which was that you tuck your legs into your chest while on all fours, then jump up and spin round. I created a series of moves for Out of the Bag to make it a bit easier to understand when we were practising:
    -
    1. Complete Falling Twist and end facing upwards (Sun Arch). (Ptep).
    2. Chasing the Bird. (From the Sun Arch, fall sideways, roll, and then stretch with both hands to grab an imaginary feather). (Mandira).
    3. Shadowcatch. (Crawl forwards really, really slowly). (Kelotaukhon).
    4. Hunter Stretch. (Parda).
    5. Arch on Guard. (Sun Arch, but facing the floor and stretching upwards more). (Oshtis).
    6. Finish with a Tailspin. (Tuck your legs in to your chest, then jump up and spin round). (Ailur).

(Posted on 2012-04-01 18:38:00 by )
  70. This is all really interesting for me. It may surprise you, but for a lot of pashki moves I actually don't have a clear idea myself about how they are done. Quite often I intentionally just pick an interesting-sounding name and hope that readers will imagine the move itself in their own minds. It's really good that you all seem to be doing this so enthusiastically. I never imagined that people would actually start to discover more about pashki than I knew myself ;-)
    Right... off to make a cup of tea!
    Nick.

(Posted on 2012-03-31 19:12:00 by )
  71. @ Susie
    Thanks. I was doing it completly wrong. I was standing up and bending down so that my hands touch the ground and then walking! Also does anyone have any advice for tailspin?

(Posted on 2012-03-30 21:45:00 by )
  72. I find Shadowcatch really frustrating because it goes sssssssssssooooooooooooo slowly. It does require alot of conncentration to make sure you do it just right, so maybe that's the reason.
    -
    Does anyone know anything about ten hooks? It would be really helpful if I knew.

(Posted on 2012-03-30 16:53:00 by )
  73. @susie
    I seriously cannot do that! I'm toooooooooooooooooooo fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I need to go slow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Posted on 2012-03-30 11:22:00 by )
  74. @Emily
    I think you sort of go into a crouch, like Hunter Stretch, then from there crawl forwards really, really slowly. I think you should only go forward about one step, because the other moves in Out of the Bag, especially Chasing the Bird, take up quite a lot of space.

(Posted on 2012-03-30 07:34:00 by )
  75. Hi Nick
    I was wondering how to do Shadowcatch properly as I think that I am doing it wrong. Could you pleases post how to do it?

(Posted on 2012-03-30 04:13:00 by )
  76. I've just come back from camp. While I was away I invented a new pashki pose while I was hiding in a tree during a game of spotlight. I will post how to do it soon.

(Posted on 2012-03-30 03:12:00 by )
  77. A new pashki sequence! Sounds good, Rosalyn. How about Moonlight Prowl for a name?
    -
    As to face prints, I actually don't think Mrs Powell's method would work all that well in reality. I sort of cheated there... it was the kind of neat and quick method that would look good in a film (I wish!) but in real life would only give you a smudged face. Probably. Anyway, the cover art for the Cat Kin probably has the neatest solution: Lawrence drew Ben and Tiffany with just simple markings on their faces, which you could probably make quickly with a make-up pencil (obviously I'm not an expert on makeup).
    -
    That's a good example of an author not really thinking an idea through!
    Nick.

(Posted on 2012-03-26 08:13:00 by )
  78. I've just invented a pashki sequence called "Midnight Stroll", but I think I might change the name to something like "Predator Hunt". I want to edit it, so I won't put it on here just yet.

(Posted on 2012-03-24 16:15:00 by )
  79. @Susie
    I don't know, really, but I think I have an idea. What if we buy those masks you can get and paint them, or just do it the way Mrs Powell does it in The Cat Kin. Do you have any ideas?

(Posted on 2012-03-24 14:43:00 by )
  80. @Rosalyn
    How would you make face-prints?

(Posted on 2012-03-24 12:05:00 by )
  81. Sorry about that printing twice. I only just noticed.
    :(

(Posted on 2012-03-24 08:22:00 by )
  82. Since Robyn is making T-shirts for Feline (I think), I was wondering whether or not I shound make face-prints to go with our outfits. What do you think?

(Posted on 2012-03-23 21:07:00 by )
  83. Since Robyn is making T-shirts for Feline (I think), I was wondering whether or not I shound make face-prints to go with our outfits. What do you think?

(Posted on 2012-03-23 21:06:00 by )
  84. I use Facebook. It does take up a lot of time, but since my older brother moved to Uni, it's been useful for keeping in touch. My other brother blocked me from sing his statuses because Mum and Dad kept asking me what he was up to.

(Posted on 2012-03-21 16:26:00 by )
  85. Yes, that is one of the drawbacks of Facebook - it seems to attract bullies and other lowlifes who spoil it for everyone else. It's one of the reasons I prefer to lurk in more out-of-the-way places. Also when I was on Facebook I found it taking up too much of my time.

I'll have to think about it a bit more...

(Posted on 2012-03-21 13:57:00 by )
  86. Unfortunately I'm not allowed on Facebook because of something that happned in Year 6 where a boy made a fake profile of me. I told my mum, she got his profile deleted and I was banned from Facebook until I'm 16.

Rosalyn is not allowed on it either because of something in year 7.

(Posted on 2012-03-21 11:58:00 by )
  87. We are all behind you on this and me and robyn have facebook so we can like your page.
    P.S Poor susie and roz though

(Posted on 2012-03-21 11:55:00 by )
  88. @Robyn -
    That's a good point about images. I've been thinking about setting up a Facebook page for Cat Kin and my other books, where readers could correspond more easily than on this rather clunky guestbook.
    What do you all think? Do you use Facebook? I know there are age restrictions (and I know that a lot of people ignore them!). If enough people think it's a good idea I'll look into setting up a page dedicated to my books.
    Nick.

(Posted on 2012-03-21 10:41:00 by )
  89. I've got the image of "Noble Cat" on the front with the name of our pashki group but we're going to design the back together but I've got some prototypes on paper!
    If we were able to post images or files I'd show everyone on here!

(Posted on 2012-03-20 21:08:00 by )
  90. @ Robyn:
    THis kit sounds amazing and i will aloso be making the pull on sleves for if it gets cold
    -
    Also the design uis cool.

(Posted on 2012-03-20 12:03:00 by )
  91. @Robyn

You had better make those T-shirts. They sound great and I can't wait for Feline to get them. Hurry up!!

(Posted on 2012-03-20 10:27:00 by )
  92. Right now, I've decided to design a paski kit T-shirt for if I ever get round to actually making a paski kit!
    -
    I'm too scared to climb a tree anyway so you won't get sued by my perants!

(Posted on 2012-03-19 17:11:00 by )
  93. I guess controlled risk is the key. The kids at the bike/skate park near my house do stunts on their bikes that make my jaw drop... spins and full somersaults in mid-air, stuff that looks absolutely crazily dangerous. Yet I've never seen an ambulance there. I do wonder how someone practises something like that... How do you somersault on a bike for the first time?! I suppose some people are just gutsy. I wouldn't have tried that even aged 15. I'll write about it but I won't dare do it... :-)

(Posted on 2012-03-19 15:47:00 by )
  94. Alright, I'll b careful. It's a pity though, because the more dangerous it is, the more
    fun you have. Anyway, I'll be more careful so you won't get sued.

(Posted on 2012-03-19 10:20:00 by )
  95. Well done on not breaking any bones! Joking aside, do be really careful, please! When I first found an agent to represent Cat Kin (agents are the people who find you publishers), she said to me, 'You do realise, don't you, that one day someone's going to fall out of a tree or a window while trying to do pashki, and their parents are going to sue you.' She was half-joking, but she was also half-serious... These things do happen, unfortunately.
    -
    So have fun, but do it safely please! I'd hate it if one of my books indirectly caused someone to get hurt. Remember even Olympic gymnasts need crash-mats.
    Nick.

(Posted on 2012-03-19 08:55:00 by )
  96. I have been practising Ptep. It involves standing on the very top of a tree. At first I fell off a couple of times but now I can balance standing up.

(Posted on 2012-03-19 02:48:00 by )
  97. I just did falling twist by accident out of a tree. One second I was balancing on a branch and the next the branch had snapped and I was falling through the air. I think my mau body kicked in and I landing in a crouch on the floor. It was really scary, but I'm rather pleased with myself!

(Posted on 2012-03-18 18:12:00 by )
  98. I can't wait to see the new pictures. I wonder how different the ptep bead looks compared to the first one.

(Posted on 2012-03-10 19:32:00 by )
  99. I can't wait to see the new pictures and the new Ptep bead! It sounds like they are going to be great!!

(Posted on 2012-03-09 19:51:00 by )
  100. I do hope that you can get pictures you can get back mechindise.
    -
    P.S I want the books for my birthday because they're my favourite books yet

(Posted on 2012-03-08 12:07:00 by )

You are viewing the text version of this site.

To view the full version please install the Adobe Flash Player and ensure your web browser has JavaScript enabled.

Need help? check the requirements page.

Get Flash Player